It has been an interesting and fun experience to dig deep into the archives to find material to the presentation.
I started at NNE, in the Visualization department in 1997, as web designer working with the intranet. Back then we used the tool Microsoft Frontpage and worked directly in production – publish content and it was live. If something went wrong – try again… limited amount of testing and documentation 😉
- Information Management – Structuring unstructured data
- Search engine
- Personalization e.g. the role and job function of the employee
- Integration with Oracle and Documentum (in 2022 it’s other applications)
- Choice of Content Management System
- Web statistics/analytics
- Language choice – Danish or English
This is what was on the wish list in 2009 and it’s about the same 2022:
- Access from the mobile phone
- Virtual workrooms
- Integration with social media applications
- Web analytics
- A great search engine
Many thanks to my former colleagues whom I worked with in the NNE web team, Carina and Rune, for the great input at the meeting.